Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moving Mountains


Sub-Article #6: The Story of How Our Christian Faith can Change The World
“Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matt 17:20 I love, love, love this verse! Actually it’s my favorite verse!
 Jesus Christ is telling us how strong faith’s affects are on the world. While yes I do take this verse literal, that faith can really move the mountains, I also believe Jesus was pointing to the fact that faith, even the smallest amount of faith can drastically change the world and do the works of God. I believe this because as we see in the N.T. the Apostles caste out demons, healed the lepers, and even raised the dead through the Holy Spirit! So did this end with the Apostles? Let me think ummm NO!!
There is an adorable baby at my church (I would give a name for the family is out of town and I would not be able to ask them, I don’t think they would mind considering they have been on the news but it’s out of respect) a baby that truly should not be here! The doctors and nurses did not think he would pass the night. So our church put on a round world, round clock prayer for this baby and mother. We did not stop praying! Somebody, be a missionary, a minister, or just one of God’s children was always praying for this little tike. Once again won’t go into great detail but I will say this, this little guy went through everything, in the first few weeks of his life he had to fight to survive more times then the average person does in a lifetime! AND I’M NOT BE OVER DRAMATIC! It seemed every other day he was in the hospital and that’s after he spent so darn long in the hospital to begin with! But by faith we can move the mountains! By our faith through the Holy Spirit we saved a baby! Who may I say is now over a year old!! And is so DANG CUTE!!! I love that baby! And the message he has been able to give to the world. AND HE CAN’T EVEN TALK! We do all this through the Holy Spirit, who God, our lord, has set on us!
 This baby shouldn’t be here according to the world. But Through faith we can raise the dead or start a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment