Thursday, February 23, 2012

We’re Not So Different After All


Editorial #2: The Christian Life
I would love to say that every Christian has this perfect life, with perfect parents, and lots of money. But that would be a lie. I would love to say that every Christian comes to church every week, willingly goes and serves the poor, takes up his cross to follow Christ! But that would be lie.
I’m not yelling at Christian, actually I’m defending myself. I want to point out to those who do not believe the way, that we Christians aren’t perfect. We will fail! It is in our DNA to sin, to go against our Holy Father. Ever since Adam ate the fruit, we had sin running through our life. We are man and we will fail! Over and over! So what the point of struggling then? The point is that even though we are not judged by our works, Christ expects us as Christians to bare fruit, not thorns. We are to try to actually to avoid sin, to actually take up our cross and follow Christ!
We make mistakes, there are Christians that will get divorces, there are Christians that will not follow the laws of the land as we are commanded, there are Christians that will fall into temptation before marriage. This happens! As I said we are man, we shall fail.
But the Christian, as I said is about taking up your cross, and to lead a life that will bare fruit!
So all this might sound really random, but I was emailed about “why do Christians not act like Christ?” And my answer is simple, we try, we really, really do. But we are not perfect! Only Jesus was! So no matter how close to Christ you get, you will never be able to lead the life he did. But the major difference is that we have the Holy Spirit to lead us, but we still can fail!
Also in that email, I was asked “why do you hate so many people, that don’t that aren’t like you?” I don’t, if you knew me in high school I hung out with everyone! Atheist, homosexuals, ANYONE! I tried to mimic Christ, for if you know anything about him he hung out with the lowest of lows. I tried to shine the light of glory on them without pushing them away. I’m no Christ though! And it’s hard to be around some of these people, especially when they HATE your views. And sometimes it hurts to be bashed day after day. And what hurts the most is when churches of other denominations bash on your views as well. And it’s not like the Southern Baptist are all that different! Yeah we’re bit more conservative (or old fashioned as some people call it) but I read the same bible as you! It says the same thing! How can we disagree? When I tell you a verse from the NIV it’s same in your NIV! (For that statement I said NIV because it’s the only printed bible that actually has a copyright owned by one company, Zondervon!)  I didn’t do some magic trick to change it! So when my view comes from the gospel, I know its truth.
Ok guys Sorry about that! I just really needed to let that out! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment